Monday, April 21, 2014

The rush before the fall

The last few months that I've been going to classes and getting advice from people to help me on my trip I've had amazing ups and downs about the whole event. I'm beyond excited to go, but I'm terrified I will forget something along the way, not have enough time and money to do as I want, and many other terrors like this have crossed my mind. Now I have three weeks left, in which I have finals to do and moving into a new house to deal with. Surprisingly enough I'm the most at ease I've been since I found out about the trip! I have my passport, packing lists, and everything I need (hopefully) to study abroad in London. Throughout this pre-trip process I have got to know classmates that I did not before and learned more about London than I would have ever thought. All of this will grow as we progress in the next three weeks of preparation and greatly when we all travel across the ocean to a place and culture many of us have never experienced before. Besides all of this I have learned how to not let the negatives get in my way of doing something I want to do and to enjoy those things without guilt or worry that someone else may not be having as good of a time or that I could be taking away something from another. My excitement to learn and achieve with this experience is overwhelming as I expect it to be. If it was not I may not be ready or in a sheer panic/excitement that keeps me on my toes. The amount of support and help I've received over the last few months is amazing and I plan to prove to those and others who did not support my choices that this class will benefit greatly to my education as well as make me a more diverse person. (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment